Monday, September 2, 2013

Titanic QED


I thought the plot of "Jaws" meets "Titanic" a great idea and loved the premise. I was not ready for the all out horror and sci fi aspects of the book. I have to be fair and say it's not my usual genre. That being said, I think the author gave a very respectful and lovely account of the passengers and the doomed ship. Written in almost a period style- I don't know Lovelace, but I understood right away she was writing in a style of the early 20th century and I applaud her talent. I wished that she could have picked one horror aspect over the other. I don't want to give things away, but either one would have been enough to do the damage she needed for the plot. I agree with the other reviewer's comment about the "Scooby Doo" scene and thought the book was going in a much better direction until then. The Maggie Brown lifeboat episode was the best part of the book and alone made a terrific story. Here her character development shined. Interesting idea, but to me just a bit cluttered. Loved what Catt was actually implied- what truths do we really know about anything? Who decided reality and where is the truth? I will read more books by her. I think it would make a great Twilight Zone episode.

Happy Reading!
Carole P. Roman

No comments:

Post a Comment