Monday, March 7, 2016

His reading is much better according the his teacher



Read this book with my seven year old grandson over the phone. Every night, we read a chapter together, switching paragraphs. His reading is much better according his teacher. Fry doesn't talk down to her reader. Spencer is adorable and very human. Having him have Retinitis Pigmentosa made him achingly real. Mel was a terrific female interest, and I can't say enough about G and his dog Athena. It's a fun and interesting ride, filled with interesting facts for me. It gave us hours of conversation about who the famous people were and it had a satisfying ending. I thought the book might be too grown-up for him and didn't call to read one evening. I got a distressed call later that evening demanding our twenty minutes. I'd say that was a successful book.

Happy Reading!
Carole P. Roman

No comments:

Post a Comment